In this CME, Jason J. Luke, MD, FACP, and Riyue Bao, PhD, discuss the utility of immunotherapy in solid tumors, how to utilize biomarkers to predict patients likely to benefit from immunotherapy, and the T cell-inflamed tumor microenvironment as a model for prediction combination immunotherapy treatments.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the utility of checkpoint immunotherapy in solid tumors
- Utilize biomarkers to predict patients likely to benefit from immunotherapy
- Describe the T cell-inflamed tumor microenvironment as a model for predicting combination immunotherapy treatments
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity have disclosed all financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated
Dr. Luke has financial interests with the following entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
- Grant/Research Support: AbbVie, Astellas, Astrazeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb (IIT & industry), Corvus, Day One, EMD Serono, Fstar, Genmab, Ikena, Immatics, Incyte, Kadmon, KAHR, Macrogenics, Merck, Moderna, Nektar, Next Cure, Numab, Palleon, Pfizer (IIT & industry) Replimmune, Rubius, Servier (IIT), Scholar Rock, Synlogic, Takeda, Trishula, Tizona, Xencor
- Consultant: Abbvie, Alnylam, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Castle, Checkmate, Codiak, Crown, Day One, Duke St, EMD Serono, Endeavor, Flame, Genentech, Gilead, HotSpot, Kadmon, Janssen, Ikena, Immunocore, Incyte, Macrogenics, Merck, Mersana, Nektar, Novartis, Partner, Pfizer, Regeneron, Servier, STINGthera, Synlogic, Synthekine
- Other: Patents - (both provisional) Serial #15/612,657 (Cancer Immunotherapy), PCT/US18/36052 (Microbiome Biomarkers for Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 Responsiveness: Diagnostic, Prognostic and Therapeutic Uses Thereof)
- Other: Scientific Advisory Board - (no stock) 7 Hills, Bright Peak, Fstar, Inzen, RefleXion, Xilio
- Other: Data and Safety Monitoring - Abbvie, Immutep
- Other: Scientific Advisory Board - (stock) Actym, Alphamab Oncology, Arch Oncology, Kanaph, Mavu, NeoTx, Onc.AI, Pyxis, STipe, Tempest
No other members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.com and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 8/23/2022 | Last Modified On: 8/23/2022 | Expires: 8/23/2023