In this CME, Sally E. Carty, MD, FACS, discusses current modalities and recommendations for the care of thyroid nodules, and explains the latest findings on contraindications and literature assessment of testing for thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize current modalities and recommendations for the care of thyroid nodules
- Explain the latest findings on the use, contraindications, and literature assessment of diagnostic molecular testing for cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodules
- Describe the latest findings on use, contraindications, and literature assessment of prognostic molecular testing for thyroid cancer
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity have disclosed all financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated.
Dr. Sally E. Carty receives;
- Grant/Research Support: William and Susan Johnson Fund for Endocrine Surgery Research
- Authorship Royalties: UpToDate Inc., Jaypee Brothers Inc.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.com and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 9/07/2022 | Last Modified On: 9/07/2022 | Expires: 9/07/2023